AVP - Financial Actuary
· Assist Chief Actuary in developing appropriate reserves and required capital requirements for life reinsurance products, mainly variable annuities.
· Maintain the company's sub-ledger and other general ledger supporting working papers
· Preparation of financial reports for the Company's SEC and statutory filings.Â These reports will include quarterly and annual statements and supporting schedules, variance analysis and other financial analysis as required
· Development of budgets, forecasts and plans including actuarial projection of liabilities for life reinsurance products, including but not limited to variable annuity guarantees and traditional mortality reinsurance
· Coordination and review of internal financial reporting to Management.
· Development and coordination of the statutory accounting filings with the Bermuda insurance regulators, GAAP financial statements and related audits and external reports to rating agencies.
· Development and coordination of internal controls including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
· Assist with quarterly review and annual audit with external auditors, including SOX documentation
· Fellow or Associate of the Society of Actuaries
· Minimum of 7 years actuarial experience, with specific experience with regulations and reporting standards for variable annuities
· Minimum of 3 years financial reporting experience
· Experience with the implementation of US generally accepted accounting principles
· Knowledge of relevant US, Bermuda, and rating agency capital models.
· Knowledge of Bermuda statutory filings
· Well-versed in actuarial and statistical software, as well as Microsoft applications, including Excel and Access.
· Ability to analyze financial reports, statements and projections
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Genuine aptitude for working in an energetic and entrepreneurial small team environment
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and work extended hours and weekends when required.
Actuarial Qualifications Considered: